|By: Bill DeLongis
Provided by: STACK
• Perform the recommended weekly set and reps for each exercise.
Your week can look like this:
• Monday: Upper body
Max Effort Day (Upper Body, Day 1)
1. Bench Press
• The first three sets are warm-up sets. Your max will determine how many warm-up sets you need.
• 2x5 (warm-up sets)
• Do as many Pull-Ups as you can between sets until you reach 50 reps.
3. Row Variation (Seated Cable Row, 1-Arm Row, etc.)
4. Row Variation (Choose a row that targets the upper back, like the T-Bar Row or Meadows Row)
1. Speed Bench Press
• The percentages help determine the load, but they can be changed. Bar speed is important. If the bar isn't moving quickly, the weight is too heavy.
2A. Push Press (Weeks 1 & 3)
• 1x5 (warm-up set)
2B. Varying Grips Bench Press (Weeks 2 & 4)
• Pick a weight with which you can maintain bar speed and perform 6 Close Grip reps, 6 Normal Grip reps and 6 Wide Grip reps.
2B. Chin-Ups x50 (Weeks 1-4)
• Do as many Chin-Ups as you can between sets of Push Presses until you reach 50 reps.
3. Plyo Push-Up
4A. Row Variation
4B. Band Pull-Aparts
5. 4-Way Shoulder