Welcome to the Fall 2023 AD Kickoff! In this Thursday 30 episode, presented by Hudl we have gathered seven athletic directors from various institutions and backgrounds to share their thoughts, strategies, and insights for the 2023-2024 school year.
Athletic Directors Featured:
- Todd Livingston, CMAA - South Portland School Department (ME)
- Nate Larsen, CMAA - O'Neill Public Schools (NE)
- David Marlow, CMAA - Mount Mansfield Union High School (VT)
- Stephanie Wilkerson, CMAA - Olympic High School (NC)
- Russ Waterman, CMAA - Eastmont High School (WA)
- Karrah Ellis, CMAA - Franklin High School (MA)
- Jennifer Doede, CAA - Amos Alonzo Stagg High School (IL)
In this episode, questions include:
- 01:17 What are the biggest trends or changes in the AD industry going into the fall of 2023?
- 02:36 How do you manage the potential negative impact parents can have on your programs?
- 04:36 Are there any new strategies or initiatives being introduced this year to enhance the athletic experience for your students?
- 06:13 What are some of the most valuable lessons you've learned about leadership and management?
- 08:43 In what unique ways does your school engage with the local community through its athletic events and programs?
- 11:08 How are you using technology to improve the experience for athletes?
- 13:10 What has been the biggest help in organizing your day as an athletic director?
- 15:54 What is the biggest mistake a young athletic director can make?
- 18:58 How do you envision high school sports evolving over the next decade?
- 21:29 What is the biggest time suck you've eliminated from your day?
- 23:48 What book made the biggest impact on your career?
- 24:16 Open mic advice
For more AD Insider content, follow us on your favorite Podcast platforms: