In this AD Insider | Thursday 30 episode, presented by Box Out Sports, we sat down with Jared Hunt, Athletic Director at Academy ISD in Texas.
In this episode, we covered the following topics:
- How to Incorporate SEC Social Media Ideas and Planning
- Two Most Impactful Investments for any Athletic Department
- Ways to Identify Sport Knowledge when Interviewing a Coach
Questions in this Interview:
- 1:54: In 2018, you made the decision to come back to 3A high school football. Why?
- 3:02: How would you recommend a coach help an athlete through the loss of a loved one?
- 4:31: What freedom did you have in changing the program when becoming the AD and then where did you go with that opportunity?
- 5:47: When installing a new culture to a program, how do you handle people trying to tear it down?
- 6:38: What advice do you have for somebody that's trying to really change a program?
- 9:40: What would you say is your superpower as an athletic administrator?
- 11:11: So, what is your criteria? Say I've never played football but I'm the AD and I need to find a head football coach, what would you say you need to look for in that person?
- 12:45: What are the top 5 traits coaches need to have to be hired by you?
- 13:09: What question do you ask a potential head coach to help identify their sport knowledge?
- 14:22: Where would you put money right now to have the biggest impact on your programs?
For more AD Insider content, follow us on your favorite Podcast platforms: